Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Honeymoon

So for our honeymoon we went to Park City for the weekend and then the cabin for a week after that. It was really a blast. I loved having all of our family up from Texas and being able to spend time with them. It was great. Park City was a dream come true because it was about 20 degrees cooler than Draper and even rained. It was amazing to be at a comfotable temperature again. If PC wasn't so expensive I'm telling you I would live there.
Our amazing hotel suite

 We got there Friday night and came home Sunday afternoon and it was great just to get away for a few days. There was the most adorable little balcony that I spent my mornings on and enjoyed the view.
View from our cute little balcony

We were so cool sitting out there with our iPads, watching baseball and reading (I was reading and Chandler was watching baseball) we did some shopping on Saturday and I got the cutest purse from Fossil and it was even 40% off! It was so smashing, I even went back and bought Jill one for her birthday because it was such a good deal! Then we went and got the most delicious pizza ever at Maxwell's Pizza. We ate a whole 20 inch pizza it was so delicious. They have one in Salt Lake as well so I will definitely be there again. After shopping and lunch it started to completely down pour so we just went back to the hotel and hung out. It was great to sit on the porch and watch the storms. Saturday night we went to the Westgate Grill and had the best food ever. The chocolate desert at the end was AMAZING! I also had this really yummy chicken, there was so much food that I couldn't even finish it!

My delicious chicken

We went home on Sunday and had a BBQ with the whole fam, my parents came up from Pleasant Grove and brought our friends that are here from Northern Ireland, Yes Chandler and I are so blessed that people traveled 5,000 miles to be with us on our special day. We had people from Utah, Idaho, California, Texas and Northern Ireland there to support us. It truly was awesome and I just want to take the time to thank everyone who came. It really was the perfect day. After our BBQ we opened all of our presents and really we got the most amazing presents ever. Tons of people gave us cash and since we're saving for a house it was exactly what we needed! Crazy to see how many people love us. Thanks again everyone!

Monday morning we woke up and went to the cabin, there were 13 of us in all and we had a great time! All the kids slept out on the deck so we could see the stars (yes, I know I'm married but I still classify myself in the kid group sometimes)
Us relaxing on the hammock at the cabin

On Tuesday we woke up and headed to Starvation Res. to take the boats out and just have a good time little did we know that the wind would turn it into a battle of epic proportions. Chandler's step-dad Terry is not allowed to step on a beach anymore because everytime he does the wind runs wild. We put up the canopy and that helped a bit but it was bad enough that we couldn't really take the boats out because it was so choppy. We finally gave up and went home after about 4 hours of being sand blasted. We went back again on Wednesday only to find the wind WORSE for the first hour we were there. We were out trying to Ski because the water was calm but I looked back on the beach and couldn't see the easy up. I told Terry and he whipped the boat around so fast that Chandler fell flat on his butt. We got back to shore only to find out that the easy up snapped in half! This is the THIRD one that snapped! Seriously we have the worst luck ever. Lake Powell destroyed the last one but Walmart has always been really good about replacing them.

We went back to the main dock and decided to have lunch in a pavillion and see if the storm would pass, Terry's luck must have turned around because it turned out to be a beautiful day. We went to the other side of the lake and got to play in the water all day. It turned out to be awesome! When we got back to the cabin the adults decided it was time to get in the hot tub and it was great. Whoever thought of putting a hot tub at a cabin is a genius. The only downside to the whole trip was when we woke up Thursday morning with NO WATER! How the freak do you have 13 people in a cabin with no water. We couldn't flush toilets, or shower, or do dishes or anything. I mean come on. We made it work though. It wasn't horrible. Friday morning we went over to Flaming Gorge and rafted the Green River, the water was so cold that it felt awesome and there were tons and tons of fish in that river. If we would have had to make our own dinner that night we would have been fine, but we ended up going to Wingers in Vernal. We didn't have to do dishes :)

We came back to the cabin that night and it was a downpour so we slept inside and I ended up getting bug bites while we were there all over my sides and underarms. It almost looks like chicken pox so I've been trying to get in the sun to see if they will fade. They have gotten better so thats the good news. They itch like crazy! Hopefully they'll go away soon. We went home on Saturday and I was so happy because I got to take a shower and it was the most amazing thing of my life. I love having clean hair. We went to the Rodeo that night because the Rodeo is awesome and I sat by the most obnoxious people of all time but welcome to the rodeo.

Heather getting embarrassed by the rodeo clowns, Happy Birthday!

 I went and told the rodeo clown it was Heathers birthday so he would come and embarrass her and announce to all of Draper that she's now 44. She didn't think it was as funny as I did tho.

All in all we had a great week and it was an awesome relaxing time. I just want to say thanks again to everyone that came to our wedding. It was awesome. We're so happy we could share it with you, thank you for the gifts and especially for the memories. It was an amazing time in our lives and one we aren't likely to forget.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment